Friday, May 16, 2008

Second Skin

Lyrics by the Chameleons UK - too beautiful, too haunting not to share - feeling it right now.

One cold damp evening the world stood still
I watched and held my breath
A silhouette I thought I knew came through and someone spoke to me
Whispered in my ear "This fantasy's for you."

My whole life passed before my eyes
I thought what they say is true
I shed my skin and my disguise and cold, numb and naked I emerged from my cocoon
And a half remembered tune played softly in my head

Then she turned smiling and said I realize a miracle is due
I dedicate this melody to you but is this the stuff dreams are made of?
If this is the stuff dreams are made of no wonder I feel like I'm floating on air
Everywhere, It feels like I'm everywhere

It's like you fail to make the connection - You know how vital it is
Or when something slips through your fingers - You know how precious it is
When you reach the point where you know It's only your second skin
Someone's banging on my door

No comments: